Goodness, a lot has changed since I last posted about our family. Caitlyn moved out again and then back home in October and then back to Branson in November only to move back home the first of January. She has her school set up to take all her classes online for this semester. She started a job yesterday at a greenhouse with a family that we attend church with. Zack came back home mid October to do his first internship at CAT and then moved back to Linn on the 5th of January. I feel like we have a revolving door on our house. It's not necessarily at bad thing, just terribly stressful.
It's been difficult figuring out the line between dealing with older children and dealing with them as young adults. The oldest are 18 and 19 now and the parenting lines are becoming at least blurred if not non-existent sometimes. Somewhere along the way we lost our ability to plan anything. I find myself lost in planning meals and activities when each kid that has moved back in has been used to feeding themselves and functioning on their own schedules. This last week, I've realized that I have to run our lives like a family of 3...Troy, myself and Kyle. The other 2 will have to figure their own schedules when they are home. If they want to be with us, fine, if not, they are on their own. We've already ran into issues with Caitlyn being upset that we were going out to eat this week when she had plans of her own. She wanted us to change our plans to include her. This is the first time that we continued with our own plans. These changes aren't easy for me. I still want to be momma and make everything work for everybody. Life is beginning to change drastically...for the good I believe.
No comments:
Post a Comment