It was a terrible night. Troy is on days. We were up most of the night with the dogs barking. Sometime around 3:30am, Sammie went crazy. Troy went out to check what was going on and found a raccoon in the chicken pen. He had the BB gun in hand, but it didn't do much but scare the critter back over the fence. Thank goodness we had the barn closed well. He came back to bed at almost 4 and just waited for his alarm to go off for work. Not long after he left, I hear Kyle standing by my bed telling me he had a bad dream. He crawled in bed with me. Within a few minutes I heard chirping from the bathroom...the black copper marans eggs in the incubator were hatching. It was a rough night, but when I finally dragged myself out of bed for work, I had 3 of the 17 chicks hatched, fluffy and dry.

No comments:
Post a Comment