Sunday, June 5, 2011
Live Performance!
I see on facebook...day after day...people advertising their bands or groups. They ask people to come see them, come join them, or come have a good time. They offer their services for parties and events. They give their location and time and cost to attend. I often read them and wish that I could see things from their perspective. So, today, I'm putting myself in their shoes...One night only! Sometime between 6pm and 7pm, tomorrow night, you will hear 1 song. I'm not offering an opportunity to see fancy costumes or intricate light shows. No souvenirs will be thrown into the audience and the only beverages offered come from the water fountain in the hallway. I don't have a band, or backup singers...except those included on the accompaniment cd, and I have no fan club. I can promise a song straight from the heart and possibly a few tears shed on stage from a 39 year old wife and mother who is nothing fancy. A song from someone who would find it easier to fade into a crowd than to take center stage. A song sung for my Lord and Savior meant to tug at the heartstrings. Hmmm...wonder who would show?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment