Having 7 dogs in the house makes for a very noisy place. One of our dogs, Sammie, seems to be the instigator for most barking sessions. We got Sammie from a family giving puppies away on Walmart parking lot. He was supposed to be a golden retriever mix...judging from his size now...the family he came from were wrong. He has turned out to be a dog that is easily agitated by the other dogs and is way too quick to put them in their place for getting too close. I've read about humane ways to try and control unnecessary barking and had came across a collar that sprays a mist in front of their nose. The ones on the internet sprayed citronella, a scent that dogs evidentially do not like. A couple of weeks ago, while shopping for dog food at Atwoods, I came across a similar system, that sprays a lemon scent, normally $64.00 marked down to $29.00. It was still too high for me, but I kept watching it each time I went to the store hoping they would mark it down again. Today, while buying dog food...AGAIN, Atwoods was running a Memorial Day special that made all clearance items an additional 50% off. Finally, I could buy the collar. In addition to buying the collar for $14.99, I was able to buy 3 refills for only $3.50 each...a great savings!
This evening, we read the instructions and I decided to test out the collar...not advised! It has a vibration sensor and a sound sensor, so I put it against my throat and "barked"...and got sprayed in the face! Very entertaining for my family since it's something that I wouldn't have normally done...everyone got a good laugh...and I now smell like lemons....nice! We put the collar on a very cooperative Sammie. It was a very short time before Mack, our Sheltie, ran into Sammie. He barked, the collar sprayed and Sammie nearly fell all over himself trying to get away from it. So far, Sammie has yet to bark again this evening. We'll see how it works in the long run. It may be that one spray is all it takes!
No comments:
Post a Comment