Wednesday, May 11, 2011
I'm not doing so well this morning. I got woke up by Zack sometime after 10pm last night. He told me that the chickens and goats were all on the back porch going crazy. He grabbed the gun and went to check it out...he found nothing unusual. By 1:30am, I was up to take the Baxter out. I browsed the yard and checked on momma turkey and her babies. Everything was fine. When Troy left for work at 4:30am, he called to let me know that momma turkey was roosting on the pen and he didn't see any babies. I got up and grabbed the flashlight, searched the pen and didn't find any signs of the babies either. I went on back to bed until the alarm went off at 7:15am. Momma turkey was pacing the fence and calling her babies...with no answers back. In their pen were remaining parts of the babies. This time I did cry. We've lost 2 hens and 3 baby turkeys in 3 days. I'm just pretty much sick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment