Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Truck Problems

Left work today and ran to the gas station.  I got a call from mom that Bessie was acting like she was in labor.  I went ahead and swung back by to check on her.  I jumped out of the truck, and left it running since Caitlyn was waiting in it.  A few minutes later I hear a big bang.  Caitlyn comes running around the corner yelling...turns out it was my truck!  It had overheated and blew a fitting between the motor and the radiator.  The big bang was a spring shooting out of the hose and smashing into the underside of the hood.  I got ahold of Zack at the feed store and had him come back and see if it was a quick fix.  Thirty dollars, a new fitting, coolant and about an hour of Zack's time and we are up and going again.  Unfortunately, we barely made it home before it overheated again.  We've decided it's the thermostat that needs replaced next...but it's too late to get one.  I'll be dependent on Zack for transportation to work tomorrow since Troy works.

No comments:

Post a Comment