Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

What a great day! Actually a great weekend.  Saturday started off with Caitlyn going with mom and dad to look at a truck for her.  They bought it.  A 1983 GMC S-15.  It's a cute little thing...needs some cosmetic work and a little TLC.  It's a 5 speed, so I'm out on teaching her much...I never learned.  I have a fear of rolling backwards on a hill at a stoplight and hitting the car behind me...something I've never gotten over.  Sad, I know, you would think I would have outgrown that by now.  Caitlyn doesn't seem to be phased by fear of anything...I'm glad.  She'll get further in life than her mother who fears everything.

Troy, Kyle and I went and ate at Cafe Del Rio.  I had the realization that it won't be too long, with Zack and Caitlyn nearing 18 and 17, that it would be just us 3 alot.  Reality has a way of slapping you in the face sometimes...I don't think I'm ready for them to grow up. They aren't so old that they wouldn't fit in a round of miniature golf when they got home from Springfield...and...there's no way they would pass up frozen custard from Shakes!

We missed church this morning.  It wasn't the plan..somehow time got away from us.  Stacy called to figure out Mother's Day plans...we always plan ahead...at least a few hours ahead anyway.  We ended up at Cheddar's for dinner.  With 13 of us, we had a very long wait.  It was a bit stressful and way too expensive...but it was Mother's Day...and it was pretty good food too!

I finished off the day by doing the grocery shopping for the week...fun fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment