Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A new surprise

This morning I got up as usual and got Zack off to school. At around 8:30, I let the dogs out and heard a tiny baa baa from the other side of the yard.  Dottie had given birth to a baby girl.  We had no idea she was even pregnant.  

 
We left her with her momma and I went to work.  I called on the way home to check on her.  Kyle went to check on her.  She was laying on her side in the sun and was way too hot.  All our other babies have always been on their feet within 10 or 15 minutes, this little one was nearly 9 hours old and still couldn't get on her feet.  I made a rush trip to get colostrum replacement to get something in her belly.  She wouldn't take it.  I used a dropper and managed to get a drink or so in every few minutes.  She alive, but weak...not sure we'll save this one. She'll be sleeping with me tonight.  I keep taking her to her momma hoping they will still have a chance to bond...and hopefully she'll nurse.

No comments:

Post a Comment