Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

To say the least, I'm not thrilled about being awake this morning.  After staying up way too late...actually it turned into way early the next morning...watching River Monsters with Zack on Netflix...I kind of just wanted to stay in bed.  On the plus side, we watched the entire season...8 episodes...on the down side...I have to work.  I dragged myself out of bed and let the dogs out.  Without any help, I didn't have much control.  Lucy takes advantage and makes a bee line to the back fence..scales it and is gone...ugh.  I did manage to keep Sammie in this time.  I run to the front to see if I can get her to come back in.  She's already made it to the end of the far driveway with the new stray and Rudy following.  I yelled at them, Lucy looked back and then kept running.  The other two made a mad dash to me and proceeded to leave loving muddy paw prints across my chest and back.  At least they listen.  I came back through the house to let the dogs in and to fix a bottle for Tipsy.  I hear quite a commotion and goats screaming.  I ended up finding Tipsy with her head stuck through the fence and Elvis ramming into her from the other side.  How she fit her head through is through a 2x4 hole is beyond me because it sure wasn't coming back out.  I managed to get the fence bent enough to push her back through.  I brought her in to give her a bottle and now she won't make a sound, she won't take her bottle, and she won't walk.  I guess she's traumatized.  I feel terrible.  On top of all that, last night was the first night that I left her with her momma...she'll probably never get over it. This is not a great way to start a Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment