This morning at 5:08am our baby girl pulled out of our driveway on her way to start a life of her own. She is such a confident and mature 17 year old. We've known this was coming for weeks now, but it still doesn't make the reality of it happening any easier to deal with. I think the most unsettling part is that she still hasn't gotten approved for a place to live so temporarily she will be in an extended stay motel. On the plus side of that is that it puts her right in the middle of all the activities on 76 in Branson, Missouri. What teenager wouldn't want to spend her summer in all that plus she gets to work at Silver Dollar City. I spent the hour after she left crying, waiting on Troy to get home from work. He wasn't here to tell her bye, or to give her any fatherly instructions and I know that hurts him.
No comments:
Post a Comment