Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Tree Decorating
This morning, I picked up my newest Woman's Day magazine only to find that the first article I read was about the memories one lady family had in the ornaments they hung on their tree. I was reduced to tears. Our home was hit by a tornado in 2003. While we were able to salvage a lot, our storage shed and its contents were scattered as far as we could see. We lost all of the ornaments from our kids, my childhood and my husbands childhood. Over 6 years has past and we still have metal in and around the trees along the tornado path. I often wonder if any of our ornaments are still scattered across the fields and woods. I say that the memories are all gone, but my husband assures me that that the memories are still with us. I guess he's right, but holding those ornaments floods my mind with times that are long gone. The are tied to smells and sounds and and a time when the kids were little. Of course, we've made new memories and will continue to make more...we have lots of years ahead of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment