Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

So much for my extra hour of sleep!

Well, the dogs didn't realize that we set the time back and I got waken up promply at 5:45 to take them out.  I really expected it since their normal time is between 6:45 and 7am...but....was hoping that it didn't happen.  I took the opportunity to try and get some more ornaments and pendants worked on for my Etsy shop.  I'm so hoping to find something that eventually gets noticed for a little extra income.  While working, I logged in to my Pandora account and started listening to the Dwight Yoakam station.  I just hate it when memories flood in causing you to really want to go back in time.  It doesn't take a lot of the late '80 country music to take me back to weekends at Weela Park in Racine, MO.  My sister played drums there with a band during high school on the weekends.  Gosh, I wish I were back there again!  It was a no drinking, no smoking "bar" for families.  It was completed with the dark "sawdusted" dance floor.  I learned to two-step and swing there.  I never had a date, so since Stacy was playing, I learned to dance with her boyfriend and a few 60-70 year old men.  Funny how those times in life can bring tears to your eyes.  I can still close my eyes and see all of us there, how it looked, felt and even smelled.  We learned to dance well enough that her boyfriend and I won a 2-step contest at Mining Days later on.  That was a big accomplishment for me, who never put myself in the "spotlight".  Twenty some odd years pass so quickly. I really wish I had known what we all had back then...things have changed so much. A little "Amarillo by Morning" is all it takes...and I'm back there again! We grew up with so many opportunities and tons of experiences thanks to Mom and Dad...I wish my kids were able to experience even half as much with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment