Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Tonight, I ran extension cords to the barn to turn on a light, and I'm leaving the security lights and porch lights all on. I'm hoping that a well lit backyard will discourage whatever is stealing my chickens. Yesterday, two more disappeared. I followed the feather trails through the field behind the house. They lead to a fairly good sized clearing and two piles of feathers. I'm not sure what we are dealing with here. I'm thinking it may be a fox or two. It has to be pretty good size to have taken 2 turkeys. Whatever it is has scared the chickens to the point that they roost on my back porch instead of going in the barn at dark. I'm really down about the whole thing. Our backyard used to be just buzzing with clucks, crows and all kinds of barnyard noises...now, it's almost silent except for the occasional turkey noises and the conversations between the goats.

No comments:

Post a Comment