Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

He Got Accepted!

Well, a new chapter in our lives is on it's way to starting.  Zack had an interview yesterday with CAT in Joplin. In order for him to go to school for their technician program, he has to be hired there first.  He left there unsure of how it went.  There were lots of wondering if he gave the right answers.  They told him he would hear from the by the end of the week.  This morning, he got the call.  He was accepted!  I'm nearly overwhelmed with excitement, but at the same time, I know things are really going to change.  Honestly, when I think about it, I can't stop the tears.  Our oldest is going to be leaving home.  He, hopefully, will be alternating back and forth for 2 years...school for 2 months and then an internship for 2 months back at home.  As of right now, his internship location hasn't been determined.  There is always a possibility that he will also be doing it away from home too.  In a short 5 months he'll be 4 hours away from home.  I am confident that we've given him the tools he needs to function on his own.  He's a level headed kid with a pretty good grasp on his finances and plans. During the last couple of months of paperwork, testing and applications, I've prayed that if this is the direction God has planned for Zack that things would fall into place for him. I have always trusted that no matter whether the decision causes pain of happiness, God always has a reason and a plan.  Today He has answered many prayers!

In addition to Zack's good news, Mom had good news today also.  She made an extra trip to Houston, Tx yesterday to MD Anderson to check some medical problems she has been having for several weeks.  The ultrasound on her neck showed no changed in the lymph nodes compared to 5 years ago, so thank goodness, cancer hasn't returned!  She will have a bone scan tomorrow morning to try and find the cause for the stiffness, swelling and popping in her neck.  

No comments:

Post a Comment