Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

What a day...

The morning started out earlier than I wanted it to.  Sometimes, the dogs just can't wait to go out.  Then it was off to work...to milk Bessie and Belle.  In tow this morning was a cute little fuzzy newly hatched chick that just wasn't in good shape this morning.  It spent most of the day held against my chest since it cried when I put it in the box.  Thank goodness, after a bit of water and some attention, it was reunited with momma after work. Work was rather quiet, other than the quiet chirping.  Zack had to make a trip home to get Kyle.  He wasn't feeling well and needed me...I'm glad at least one of the kids still really "needs" me. He felt better as the day went on and by the time we made it home, he was back to normal.  We had a busy evening after work.  We discovered that a second royal palm hen had hatched a couple of poults.  We aren't sure if she is going to leave the nest now, or continue to sit on the remaining eggs.  Only time will tell.  We had tacos for supper...one of the few meals that we all sit down at the table to eat.  I try hard to make meals that require the family to sit together, but it just doesn't always work with kids activities and Troy working nights.  All in all, a good day...ready for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment